Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2011-12 Season Quotes

Each Monday I try to post a new "quote of the week" in my office. Something short and simple for our players to see when they walk in to inspire them for the week ahead. Sometimes it's motivational, sometimes practical, sometimes philosophical. But it also serves as a daily reminder to me. I've compiled the quotes I used this season here.


  • "You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good." -- Jerry West
  • "20% of your efforts lead to 80% of your results" -- Pareto Principle
  • "You're not allowed to be average in anything you do. We expect excellence." -- Jeff Capel
  • "If you're comfortable, you're not developing. It's not my job to make you comfortable. It's my job to help you develop. I create chaos." -- Mike Rice
  • "What can I, and only I, do that will make a real difference?"
  • "Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all for yourself." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • "There is profit in all hard work, but endless talk leads only to poverty." -- Proverbs 14:23
  • "WHAT mistake was made doesn't matter. WHO made the mistake doesn't matter. HOW we respond is the only important part. Next play!"
  • "Don't focus on getting THROUGH your workout, focus on getting FROM it."
  • "To compete is different than to play hard. Competing is playing hard with a purpose."
I'd love to hear any quotes you used with your team, staff, or organization this year! Please leave them as a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment